ANTHROPOLOGY AND HUMANISM
The Executive Board of the Society for Humanistic Anthropology (SHA) is now inviting applications for Managing Editor of its peer-reviewed journal, Anthropology and Humanism (AH). AH welcomes a broad spectrum of contributions from those who see the relevance of humanism for getting to the heart of anthropology, accepting both traditional research article and creative writing styles. Interested applicants should send by e-mail a written statement specifically addressing the qualification criteria listed below and her/his vision for the journal. Please send all materials as e-mails and attachments by April 30, 2015, to James M. Taggart, Chair of AH Search Committee at [email protected]
Qualifications for Anthropology and Humanism managing editor:
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the Society for Humanistic Anthropology’s area of interest.
- Experience and knowledge in publishing, editing and journal administration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ph.D. in anthropology
- Proven record of refereed publications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership experience
- Willingness to work with AAA’s evolving publication program
Working arrangements: Must be available for a three-year term of appointment, beginning July 1, 2015. Must meet strict deadlines to produce two issues of the journal annually. Works closely with Associate Editors/peer reviewers. Expected to attend the AAA annual fall meeting with SHA providing a maximum travel and lodging allowance of $ 500. Must have the ability to work remotely, with a computer updated to current standards and software. It would be helpful to have organizational or financial support from the editor’s institution.